So yep, I kept seeing all of these lovely book subscription boxes popping up all over the place and it was just too tempting so I ordered my very first box from Fairy Loot.
Fairy Loot are UK based and offer a fantasy focused monthly subscription (or single purchase) box containing a Young Adult book and some hand selected bookish goodies. As I have a serious lack of bookish goodies and an obsession with YA fantasy it seemed like a pretty good fit.
I ordered the August box a couple of months ago so needless to say I was very excited to find out it was arriving today. After some stress over no one being home to accept the delivery and the delivery driver leaving it out in my back garden in the rain I finally got my hands on a slightly damp and dirty box.
So what did I get…..
The theme for August was Dark Deeds so it was a book packed full of evil goodies including
- Dark Side Candle (from Geeky Clean) – very pretty and smells lovely and sweet
- Malfoy Quote Coaster (from Bookotter) – possibly not my favourite thing in the box but you can always use a coaster
- Rhysand Soap (from Behind the Pages) – a natural goats milk soap that’s scented with citrus and jasmine. I have to admit I still haven’t read A Court of Thorns and Roses but soap always comes in handy.
- Assassin Nail Decals (by House of Wonderland) – I do have good nails although I’m not entirely sure how to use decals. I foresee some experimenting this weekend 🙂
- Animorphia Colouring Book (by House of Wonderland) – it’s sooo pretty and the artwork is incredible. I can’t wait to get colouring
And most importantly…….
- Nevernight by Jay Kirstoff – I requested this book from NetGalley a while back but was declined so I’m excited to get my hands on a hardback copy. To make it even better it comes with a signed bookplate, art poster and book mark..eeek!!
So was it worth it? Totally. I’ve already been trying to order the September box (which has a magic and mayhem theme) but it’s sold out. I’ll just need to enjoy the goodies pictured below while I wait for the October one.