*Warning: This post includes pictures of the contents of the November box*
I was sooo excited to receive my FairyLoot box today. I swear it’s gotten to the stage where every month I’m waiting for that email to tell me it’s been shipped and on it’s way before checking the tracking information every five minutes to see where it is.
For those who don’t know FairyLoot is a monthly book subscription. Every month, usually around the 15th – 20th, you receive a box with a YA book (usually fantasy) and some book related goodies. I currently have a 3 month subscription but you can sign up for 6 months or just get a single box if you prefer (although you need to get in fast for this as there are a limited number of boxes available).
November’s Theme: Royals and Rogues
The theme for this month was Royals and Rogues which, as I believe I should be treated like a queen at all times, sounded perfect. So what was in the box….
- The first item, and possibly my favorite thing, is a Queen of Books mug designed exclusively for the box by Read At Midnight. I was literally just looking for a mug for work yesterday so the timing for this couldn’t be better.
- Royals and Rogues Tea from The Tea Leaf Company – I’m an occasional tea drinker but I may up my consumption now that I have proper loose leaf Earl Grey tea. Thankfully the very kind FairyLoot also provided some filters which is very thoughtful as I don’t have a strainer.
- A Calipha Pocket Mirror designed by Bookworm Boutique – This is very pretty and is inspired by one of my upcoming reads, The Wrath and the Dawn duology.
- Queen of Terrasen Notepad by Alexis Lampley – As a massive Throne of Glass fan I love everything ToG themed and it’s a lovely design.
- Scented Spectorium Soap Crystals by CraftyRagamuffin which apparently have a link to the book but I will need to let you know on that. It does smell divine though and I’ve already been checking out the Etsy store to see if there’s anything else I might like.
- Art Prints – Two exclusive art prints, one double sided Red Queen inspired print and a Wolf by Wolf print. Just need to figure out where to display them
- And finally, the book was not exactly the one I expected but I’m really happy about that. This month’s book is Nemesis by Anna Banks. I hadn’t heard of it but I remember trying unsuccessfully to get my hands on her Syrena Legacy series after reading a short story by her. Very excited to read this and love the letter from the author, signed bookplate, book mark and Parani sketch.
Whew!!! That’s a lot of good stuff this month but I wouldn’t expect anything less from the FairyLoot people. Here are some close ups of the items in the box. One of which includes my furry little unboxing helper 🙂