The WWW Wednesday meme is hosted by Sam @ Taking on a World of Words and is a great way to do a weekly update on what you’ve been reading and what you have planned.
To take part all you have to do is answer the following three questions:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
As I’m writing this on Monday evening I’ve just finished a book and am undecided on what I’m going to pick up next but I suspect it’s going to be The Girl in Red by Christina Henry. It’s one I’ve been looking forward to for ages and as I have a physical copy and a couple of days off work it seems like the perfect opportunity to read it.
If you follow me on twitter or insta you’ll probably know that I’ve been having some cat stress over the last couple of weeks. My boy has had asthma since I got him 7 years ago but it’s recently gotten a lot worse so I’ve had to start him on an inhaler. He does seem to be getting the hang of it at last (or is at least tolerating it) but yeah, I was pretty worried and having problems concentrating on anything much. I did however manage to finish three books (I decided being up all night reading was better than staying up worrying).
- The Possession by Michael Rutger – I didn’t realise this creepy horror story was the second in a series but it didn’t really matter as it works perfectly well as a standalone. It’s atmospheric, very creepy in places and a lot of fun. It’s sort of like a creepy X-Files episode.
- The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo – Wow that was an emotional read, I was NOT expecting that. I do not read poetry so was a little bit concerned this wouldn’t work for me but it very definitely did. I did not anticipate how angry and upset it would make me (I mean I suspect there may have been some over tiredness involved) but I cried… A LOT!!!
- Tapping the Billionaire by Max Monroe – I was in the mood for a romance and I always said I’d try another Max Monroe after my first experience was not that great. I wasn’t fully convinced at the start but I ended up loving this. It frustrated the hell out of me that they didn’t just talk to each other at times but I laughed a lot (probably a good thing after all the crying).
I honestly have no clue what I’m going to pick up next. It should probably be an ARC but I’m getting work done in the house (it’s turning into a total money pit) so not sure how much reading time or concentration I’ll have. I’ll either end up reading loads to take my mind off things or reading nothing. I do think it’ll probably be a backlist book though. I’m thinking maybe the second Mercy Thompson book or possibly the next Charley Davidson. I’m kind of in a paranormal romance / urban fantasy type mood.
Have you read any of the books on my list this week? Any others you’d recommend? As always please feel free to leave comments and links below.
Happy Reading ❤